This blog is intended to help my brain full of information that I cannot make sense of.
As some would say, start from the beginning. Where is the beginning? I think beginning is to think and make a plan. Start off without a spreadsheet.
Here are some thoughts. If I put them in writing it will help me sleep! Not only this I may have solutions in the morning!
1) What sort of business do I want: client types? Size? Staff numbers? Income? Hours I want to work? I need to have a clear vision. Just saying growth will not cut it.
2) My exit strategy When? Has to be at some stage.
3) Do I want to take on a business partner?
4) To get to where I want, is the shop front the only option? What about intensive marketing? Are there any examples of small practices that have grown without a shop front?
5) How should I make sure I have capacity for growth?
6) I have difficulty with the current work load, how will I cope with growth?
7) Now time for spread sheet work, prepare a 5 year cash flow forecast. Year 1 being the key. Cash is king!
8) If figures look okay – and still want to move to shop front, then find an adviser who will act for me on lease negotiations.
9) Fit out the shop front to a good standard. No point otherwise. Find a decent fitter. Ensure the shop front has a strong brand identity.